Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mr Incredible!!!!

Well, here it is Tuesday again... Feels good tobe back to old habits eh! I firstly would like to extend a warm welcome to a confirmed reader... Ya I broke down and told someone that this blog exists, and the name of it. So hello there Mom!!!
I have to say that the only thing that worries me, is that I was fully prepared to bag my parents! Alright not really...

You may have noticed I figured out how to post a pic of me in my profile. I was pretty excited about that too... And also, using Picassa which I think I got from some computer magazine I have become addicted to, posted a picture of Mr Incredible!!! I know! How could this be? He's only a cartoon character created by the genius of ... some bloody bugger who's richer than he needs to be. Spread the wealth big guy!! You draw pics, while people are trying to fight for 50G a year salaries. Lucky bugger....

Anyway, that's my little boy Alex on his 3rd birthday. I like this picture because it covers his eye and nose... The day before he fell on a pick axe cutting his nose a bit, no stiches though. What made it so odd, was that his Dad was holding the pick axe at the time. No, it's not abuse or anything like that, I was cutting a tree outside when he got excited or something, ran over to me, and literally fell on the end. Fortunately, I had it just hanging down and when I saw what was happening, started moving it backward a bit.. Anyway he hit it, he cried a bit, and no stitches!!! But a really puffy face for a little while. Happy Birthday Alex!!! Oh ya, when he went to day care 2 days later, he tells the staff that "Daddy hurt me". He will tell you that he fell, but I guess I should count my blessings (besides no real damage) but that he probably won't remember this when he's old enough to play guilt trips!!!

I was talking at work with a German girl who's working in our lab, and she was saying that one of her friends is a very high paid lawyer in Sydney here, where everything around him is like gold plated!! He gets paid $1000/hr. What could a person be doing to actually be worth $1000/hr. A 40hr week is a year's salary for many of us (or more then). Every 6 minutes they apparenty have to account for what they've been doing, which is about right. If I'm paying $1000/hr, I want to know that he's not drinking coffee during that time, speaking of which .... mmm tasty freshly plunged... If he wan'ts to leave work early, he shuts down his computer, which asks him if he's sure he wants to leave so soon because he's only made "x" amount of cash today?

What the hell have we come to!?! As much as the present form of democracy and party politics is doomed to crumble, capitalism, which so strongly depends upon it, will deteriorate as well. I have to say that I think Bono of U2 fame should be up for a Nobel Prize of some sort. If he is not knighted yet he should be... Or can he be, being Irish and all... He has done more for public awareness of 3rd world poverty than anyone. In know that looked like I jumped a bit, but it's all related trust me. Bono went to the rich nations of the world, who are dependant upon capitalism and its inherent exploitation of poverty (USA and its DEPENDENCE upon illegal immigrants) and asked that they forgive the debt to poverty stricken countries. If the technicalities of the issue has no effect on net profits etc of companies, people are now at least AWARE that there is this discrepancy between 1st and 3rd world countries, and are begninning to question why are the wealthy so wealthy and the poor so poor, and why are we doing nothing when we can? ... Enter sweat shops and the like.... See it's all related, hence Bono is a living legend.

I think that this post is long enough for today, I'll try and write more often, and do shorter posts that are easier to read.... Posted by Picasa

No comments: