Tuesday, May 30, 2006

dual identities

Well, I went to my Australian citizenship interview... I shouldn't have told him of my political beliefs specifically that I believe democracy in its current form has already peaked and is doomed to collapse. Joking... About me telling him that...

The "interview" consisted of a guy asking for my marriage certificate, Rebecca's birth certificate, my birth certificate, and him then asking me if my parents were still in Canada. Then he said that he approved it... And now I wait for 3 months for my city council (Campbelltown) to send me a letter inviting me to swear in...

What does this entail... I will now be forced to vote in politics, even if I am living overseas, if I forget, I get fined. But I do enjoy voting for politics as I do follow current events and some political ideologies, particularly those involving student loans. Damn you Canada!!!! Damn you for crippling me like this!!!! Ending up with a 30G loan when I am only qualified to make just over that per year!!! Where is the justice I ask you!! Where! Bloody self serving politicians using my student loan $$ to pay for their golf cart registration.. Ya, I'm overtired and rambling like a mad man...

SO on that note, back to work.

6 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Hmmm...I don't know what to say..I know nothing about politics. Mikki can tell you about Student loans though..and Congratulations on getting dual citizenship. Do you really get fined if you don't vote? Wow, I'd be in trouble. Wish I could send Jim over to help..he's good at doing floors etc. Very handy carpenter. Good luck with everything. Love Aunt Marsha

NanNan said...

Now calm down son!! You're working too hard- but why the question about where your parents are living- do they think you may be trying to sponsor a whole tribe of Amons? Do you still have Canadian citizenship? And the student loan burden- that IS criminal- we elders don't realize how costly it is to get educated in Canada- hopefully it will all be worth it- good luck on your presentation- love you

Tuffysmom said...

Nannan, I think he said 'dual' citizenship..meaning two. He better still be a Canadian citizen..otherwise how could he hope for a Canadian Hockey team to win the Stanley Cup!

NanNan said...

Thank you for the explanation of "dual" tuffysmom- just making sure- :)

Tuffysmom said...

Appreciate the sarcasm Nannan...wanna fight? Hehehehe..Be careful or I'll tell Michael you might be going to the Red Knight!

kicking-and-singing said...

Alright Mike take a breath, Student loans suck big time...I just wish that I could complain about them with you.
Take care and talk to you soon