Thursday, May 11, 2006

Time to Relax down the coast!!


This weekend, I get to relax. Happy day for me!!! I am hoping I will get the chance to take Alex fishing for probably about half an hour or so.. I dont' think that Mr Incredible, or "Spider Man" as he likes to be called, will last much longer. But I am looking forward to the possibility of standing in the water, wet up to my knees, and casting my rod with the soon to be eaten off bait into the water. Maybe, just maybe, I'll catch something... Although probably since the last year and 5 months, I can count the number of fish I have caught.. Yup zero. Last time I almost but it broke my line... It was a good size, and I caught it on a lure... But since I couldn't bring it in, it doesn't count... Maybe this weekend though. Either way, I think that I will enjoy the break.

I don't know how many of you out there have lap tops, but I have to say that I am totally dependant upon mine. Last time I went down the coast, I thought that I would leave it home to make my lovely wife happy (she thinks I am on it too much). I felt naked the whole time. Weird. And it got weirder. When Bec realized I had left it home, she was surprised and asked reminded me where we actually live, and that it would have been smarter to bring it with us in case our house gets robbed! So as a result of this, my baby comes with me this time and every time. Too much to risk leaving it home. All of my work over the past several years is on it. Not to mention the music alone... I think I should probably save up and buy one of the new Creative ZEN Vision:M 30Gb MP3 players. I wouldn't even consider an IPod, too much money for too little product. Just looking at ebay, theyre about $450, so I guess that answer's no. ALthough I did get a digital 8 track recorder for about $500 on $20 / week saving... So there is a chance... It's just pretty small.

I missed the lottery draw tonight, so I could be talking to you as a 22 million-aire and not even know it... Although if I do win, I'll never tell how much. I figure that's the only way to keep your friends and family. If everyone knew, then they might expect us to give them more than we did, and then animosity and jealousy begins... so we won't tell anyone how much. Sorry guys!!

I was reading today about the letter that the Iranian President sent to Bush, and it made me think back to one of my earlier posts where I said democracy was destined to fall... I feel I must clarify this a little bit. By saying that, I did not mean that it should be replaced with any of the government models ... too politically correct.... I did not mean that the Muslim system is the way to go either. If either system worked perfectly, you would not have the troubles we have been plagued with over the past several years. Please correct me if this viewpoint is wrong. How many countries have nuclear capabilities... The US, Russia, UK, France, China, Pakistan, India, and maybe N Korea. These last three are outside the nuclear non-proliferation treaty (http://www.un.org/Depts/dda/WMD/treaty/), with N Korea only saying they do, with no proof. Isreal is believed to have some as well. Pakistan and India however, have weapons capability, and nobody seems to care anymore. While it was a concern a little while ago when they (Pakistan and India) were each testing bombs back and forth in a show of who's got bigger balls, now that they seem to be on good terms with eachother, all is well. For a bit on each's nuclear capabilities see: www.uic.com.au/nip45.htm.

So why is it that Iran can not make their own. Now I agree that they shouldn't. I mean anyone who openly states that Isreal should be wiped off the map, should not be allowed to have the capabilities to do so. But from a logical perspective, all they have to do is drop out of the non-proliferation treaty, like Pakistan and India (who were never in it to begin with). This would mean that they would not be able to trade in technology for nuclear power for civilian useage. But I don't think Iran really cares about that. India for eg, apparently guards its own self-developed technology quite well from other countries... Again, while I am really against the idea of Iran being able to produce nuclear weapons, who are we to dictate to them what they can and can't do. And if the UN enforces sanctions, Pakistan and India still have precedence don't they? So why dosn't the UN impose sanctions on them, as they were close to using them on eachother. And the US itself? How many nuclear weapons have they developed and tested? Wikipedia has a great list of countries with tested nuclear weapons, countries who could pretty bloody quick and other interesting info like that at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_nuclear_weapons

Geez, I did all your research for you...All in all though, I am glad I am not a politician, or have a role in trying to convince Iran that it shouldn't pursue nuclear power.

You know what would solve the problem? A new energy source. Just Google "new energy source" and a bunch of hits come up... Get Iran to research these, and then they will not only have heaps of oil, but a new form of energy which could make them the richest country on Earth.

Why do I keep ending up political? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fireguy said...

Hey Mike...watch for Israel to deal with Iran by the end of the summer. The gloves will be coming off and it won't be pretty.
Your work sounds like it requires much patience....
Nice reading your blog.
Love - Uncle Jim