Sunday, April 30, 2006

I can do what????

Well, on the weekend I learned a valuable lesson.. What you may ask was that? To which I resond, actually 2 lessons were learned, one good, one bad... The first one was that I learned how to fix a leaky tap all by myself!! I know, simple, but I did it, and it worked beautifully. The second lesson, was that Bunnings Wharehouse is a right royal pain in the ass.. 2 hours it took me to get a tap wrench thing to help in the fixing of the aforementioned taps, a bucket (a nice royal blue one to go with the royal pain in the ass I was experiencing), 2.5m of fly screen, and to find out that although they say they carry the security screen door in stock, they have to order it in from the company. 2 Bloody Hours for Jack!!!!! I had to get a guy paged to come and cut my fly screen, and I won't tell you how long that took, first FINDING SOMEONE to come and cut it for me, then for them to tell me that there is already someone working down there, and then for me to not be able to find this mysterious person who theoretically worked there, to them FIND SOMEONE ELSE and have them tell me the same thing, and then they offered to page them... So I had to wait for the invisible man to appear and cut my 2.5m of screen (he did it pleasantly though). The door that wasn't in stock took forever too...Had to find another guy....Bloody hell. I hate Bunnings....

I heard back from the second paper I submitted a while ago... It wasn't nearly as positive as the last one though.. They rejected it and told me to resubmit later when it was up to snuff. Fair call though. I read the comments and they were right, but it is a good learning thing for me though... I'm not an expert in that field (biophysical interactions of peptides and lipids using circular dichroism and surface plasmon resonance), and the reviewers are. So I am now in the middle of fixing my paper to send to them again.... Well once I finish writing here I guess... And I finish my freshly ground coffee... Maybe.

I gave a draft of the 1st third of my literature review to one of my supervisors about a week or so ago. Honestly, I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. It was literally my first draft and I didn't really know how I should be tackling it, but she gave it back today, and said that she really liked it!!! She's a sweet woman who I now know lies well!!!

Anywasy though, nice talking to you again, I should really be running now though...
Cheers.

No comments: