Tuesday, May 09, 2006

crappy crap crap

Well, I just ran an experiment that was supposed to work, and have been repeating it with subtle changes for quite some time now.... And surprise surprise! It didn't work. This is the very last set of experiments I "need" to do for my thesis, and the first step is causing grief!!! Why are my B-cell staining for CD4 when that is a T-cell marker!!!!!!!!! Ya, I'm very pissed off at this, and would like to go home now and .... I obviously haven't thought that far ahead yet...but I'll do something.

I'd like to now welcome you all to the "new look" wasted effort site. I never really liked the earlier style, so I changed it, and then when I went to look at my mother's blog (linked above as "My Mom!") I noticed that she had the exact same template. Can't have that now, I love my Mom and all, but that's not on.. So now you have what you see here. Spacious, little colour, and confirming my subtitle's goal of proving to the world that I am as boring as this. I may try later to improve it a bit, but this will entirely depend on 2 things occuring simultaneously: 1) I find the time, and 2) I'm inspired to do it. Neither are likely, so don't hold your breathe.

I must admit, that right now, I am not happy with my work. It's slow, too much writing, crap results keep coming, and maybe I should quit and join clown school, just like Homer.

You know what's probably one of the best shows on tv is? Futurama. It's done by Matt Groening of "The Simpsons" acclaim, but a million times funnier. If you haven't seen it, then you suck. And to remove your new title, you should watch it. The OC blows, I'm tired of seeing this kind of teen drama. I didn't like Party of Five either. Although the OC does have some really good music on it... "Desperate Housewives" is alright though... Every now and then they do something that impresses me. Particularly the married couple whith the 3 kids where the wife is a lawyer and the husband stats home to take care of the kids. Their life just seems more ... realistic. Last Monday impressed me though, the husband was going in for the snip, and he couldn't. He came home, told his wife that he couldn't because it was the last thing that made him a man and he couldn't part with the little guys. When he said he wasn't happy, his wife's expression and reaction was perfect. A credit to the actress who I honestly don't know her name. But her response was pure gold and I may have nominated her for an award. Anyway though, good on you actress girl!

Another show I like(d) was Stargate: Atlantis. Channel 7 had it on the air last year, the season finale was a great cliffhanger and all, and now I don't know if they are going to air season 2!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU CHANNEL 7!!! I keep checking the internet for some word on the issue, and nothing...Not a peep! I think you can BUY season 2 on DVD in north america, Instead we gets shows like "Air Crash investigation" or "Seconds From Disaster" or other garbage like that. I want escapism tv. I'm sick of reality tv, every second show on Channel 10 is reality, Big Brother 6 bloody nights a week, not including the Friday night Games show, or Big Brother Up Late, or Big Brother Uncut, Skating With Celebrities, The Biggest Loser, Australian Idol will likely be back soon... Let's not forget the "Law and Order" conglomerate either here. I just want to watch tv like I used to. Knowing that the people I'm watching are actors acting out realistic, or not, plot lines. If the media is the message, and the message is the media, by using reality tv as a media and message, does this mean that we can not be entertained by actors and actresses acting out cleverly thought out half hour shows? Or are we now obsessed with the guy or girl down the street? I have to say, that if you can't already tell, I am sick of reality tv. I want it to stop. I want it to go away. I want to be one of the millions who are here to lift those exceptionally talented people (with geniune talent!) above the fray of us commoners. If only I ran things.... If only....

2 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

oHi...you have a new visitor to your site. This is Aunt Marsha..your mother can't keep a secret. I started a blog as well, after her's and Jimmy's.
It's nice to see a picture of Alex, but it would be nicer if you could see his face...hahaha. Hope all is well with you. And by the way...nobody has a more boring life than me!!! Love, your favorite Aunt.

NanNan said...

Michael, how can you be my son= we need a maternity test to see if you are my offspring= I should have passed on the "loves reality tv" gene- We should trade places!! Sorry about the failed experiment!great writing son, or maybe son!!love, your mama(maybe)