Wednesday, May 24, 2006

And the Blues to victory

Well, I'd like to say that the Rugby game (State of Origin series) of New South Wales (the Blues) against the dirty Queenslanders (the Maroons) was viewed by me. But put simply, it wasn't. We won though, in a thrilling (so I'm told and have heard) 1 point goal within the last minute or so of the game. This guy to my right, is Andrew Johns, in his blue State of Origin jersey. He is probably the best player ever to play this game. Watching him is like watching Gretzky, except Johns gets hurt. Eg. 2 seasons ago he had to take a year off due to a neck injury, he came back, and the second game of the season landed him a broken jaw...

Tough luck Johnny boy, tough luck. His team then lost every game they played until he got back (2 months?). WHen he got back, he played 1 or two games, and then played in the state of origin game. NOw this is like 3-4 games in over a year, and he's asked to captain the team in the most gruelling series this sport has to offer. So he says yes, then probably plays the most perfect game a man could possibly play. He kicks the ball perfectly, he makes plays, and is nothing but a pleasure to watch. Also, when he came back to play for his team, they ended up on a like 9 game winning streak, too bad they had already lost too many games last year without him, and they finished almost last place...

So that's Andrew Johns. Now meet my wife, Rebecca. I always secretly thought that she liked the Newcastle Knights (the normal team he plays for) because he was on it and she had a crush on him, or thought he was cute and all. Then I began to think that maybe this was only me transferring (pyschology) my feelings onto her... I mean who am I to admit that I think he kicks ass.... But then last night, she admitted to it.... But that it was no longer the case, as he's too beaten up and it shows in his looks. He was apparently a much better looking guy before he played so many games of rugby, and got injured so many times...

Nothing exciting to say today... so you got this. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to you alll!!!









HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA some more because I can.... You read that expecting something, yet I disapoint.... I did sit down and watch about 5 minutes of the game with my non-alcoholic beer though... But then I went to bed because 1) I am lame. and 2) no, #1 was good enough. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

NanNan said...

Did you mean that YOU are the one with the crush on what's his name?Transferring your feelings on her- heh, heh, I suggest you keep this little tidbit in the closet- oops, too late,! Just kidding- love you
I don't get this state of origin stuff-

Tuffysmom said...

Hey...my brother and I are suffering over the Hockey games!!! Edmonton got beat last night!! We need a Canadian team to win, and they are our last chance.
My Goodness...I didn't realize you were close to Thirty...how is that possible???????? I think you lie.....(-:

NanNan said...

Hey Jason, welcome to our crazy world= but there's no blog up yet= so get with it-

NanNan said...

Come on Mike, change the program- what have you been up to?