Monday, May 29, 2006

Not out of the woods yet...

Well, I know it's been a little while, and I'm sorry that it's going to continue this way for at least 2 more weeks. I am still running flat out, getting up at 5am all last week, including Saturday, to come in and get the job done. This week will be up all hours of the evening making that bloody presentation for Wednesday.... And on top of that, I tried taking some tiles off of our kitchen floor.

A damaged index finger knuckle, 1hour and a half or so later... and 4 tiles are almost completely removed. But, I heal fast, and there are only about a million or so more tiles to remove... so by my calculations, I should be done to celebrate Alex's graduation!!! Horray for me!!! Unfortunately though, the kitchen is coming in in about 2 and half weeks.... The father-in-law is coming up on the in a week and a half to help lay new tiles (day after big presentation thing).... SOOOO can we all say screwed?

I did call my father-in-law and ask him if he knew of any other tricks, to my dismay, "No" was his short answer. Longer answer involves him helping me remove the tiles etc with a kenga hammer (jack-hammer - like thingamabob, I'm very knowledgable in this sort of thing...)

Not happy Jan.

Not happy.

I gotta run, as each minute I type here, I spend that again doing real work... So I apologize for the skimpy and sporadic posts for now, but re-lax, I do respond well to phone calls....

2 comments:

kicking-and-singing said...

Hey Mike...quick way to get rid of the tiles..get aggressive*L*..no wait that's just my solution for most things..you'll get the job doen, you know you can do it..but really just take out any pent up aggression you might have and let it lose..it works wonders..did it a coupel of weeks ago on a punching bag..One good punch and..well it went flying and had to be completely re-attached to the ceiling..but man I felt so good afterwards..Later Mike..Take care

kicking-and-singing said...

ps Yeah I know I can't type worth crap