Sunday, May 14, 2006

Life Aquatica

Well, we went fishing on Saturday, me, my father-in-law (Ross), and my little man Alex. I set his line up, threw it in, set mine up threw mine in, and no sooner had my bait hit the water, he was telling me he caught something. And lo and behold!!! He caught a beautiful Flathead!! Of note however, he had a pretty crap fishing reel, which doesn't quite work that well and a little kids rod, as compared to my more expensive Ugly Stick Rod, and my 5 bearinged reel, or Ross' more expenisive set-up. Ross and I caught nothing. Anyway though, Alex was wrapped!! He loved it! He was able to stay out ishing for about an hour to an hour and a half... I was so impressed with him...

So we went back to the in-laws place, I cleaned the fish and put it in the fridge for breakfast the next morning....

Alex and I cooked up the fish by simply coating it with egg and flour, Alex helped of course, it being his fish and all, and also watched it cook in the frying pan.. Then we sat down to eat it. He didn't eat the whole fish though, he was generous enough to share it with the rest of the family, including his Mom and Nan... Happy Mother's Day!!

It was a great fish, thanks Alex!

Also, anyone reading this will have probably read Mom's Blog and know that we are expecting another little person to join our humble little family. Yup, Bec's pregnant. It's all planned and everything so it's only a joyous occasion!! He or she is due to arrive on Dec 7, ten days before Alex turns 4!! That'll be a busy time I can tell you now!! Obviously we'll be happy with whatever we get, but we are hoping for a little girl so we can have one of each. And I think that Rebecca would really love to be able to buy dolls and girly stuff like that. But also, I don't think our marriage could survive having to pick out another boy's name!!! We struggled and struggled with Alex, and even then, his middle name is Michael!! Original eh?

We're excited about this. Alex doesn't know yet because we haven't told our employers yet, expecially Rebecca, and if we tell Alex, then he'll tell everyone at his daycare that mommy has a baby in her tummy, which is where Rebecca works...

As I whould get back to writing thesis things, I bid you all a'Dieu and hope to see you all soon!!!!
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Congratulations. How exciting. Alex is very cute...and he caught a fish! Excellent. Nice to hear from you guy...I saved a pic of your family to my files and will e-mail Michelle a copy. Take care...love, Aunt Marsha

NanNan said...

Sorry if I spilled the beans, but I am excited, and yes a daughter would be just the icing on the cake= should I make my plane reservations? just kidding!!! love you all mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,a new little one thats wonderful.Alex is just to cute.Kind of looks like a little boy who grew up around here..Love you lots and miss you.Aunt Cheryl

Fireguy said...

Mike...congrats!!!
By the way, how do you get more than 1 picture in a single post without all of them congregating at the top? You have three pics on this post all spaced nicely. I can't seem to achieve that. Help!!!! Haha
Uncle Jim