Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A bit worried...

Something has come up that is beggining to worry me a little bit, and it concerns my international readership... Now while I love my public, not just because most of you are family, but because you are taking time to read my Wasted Effort(s), and THEN commenting on them... I do read the Blogs given under AussiesNan's site, but rarely leave comments, for that I am sorry... But it's unlikely to change.

Back to the issue at hand.

Yesterday I made a post. I then had some problems posting it up for some reason. I actually wrote that last post twice, the first time everything just died.. But the second time I wrote it, I let it go. About half an hour later (maybe an hour?) I tried to reload this blog... The post came up happily, but then I thought I had a typo on the page, but then the typo was under the heading "Comments". I already had 2 comments!!!! Thinking that this was still some sort of error, I read them. Nope, no error had been made... These were two REAL comments from people I love!!

What concerns me, is .... how do I say this ... internet addiction maybe? Naaa can't be that, you guys must be anxiously anticipating what bit of rarely insightful boredom might come out next from this nearing 30 year old mouth (or fingers?). To my loyal readership, cheers! And I love you all... and keep posting!!

A sad day though today... Today is State of Origin game 1. History: THis is like the All Star Game in hockey or baseball, but with the added incentive to win that it is teh best players from one state against another state. Bitter feud this becomes, and some of the best Rugby is played in this series (best of three). Since I have been in Australia, I have watched them with my father-in-law, and 2 of my brother-in-laws. Today though, my father-in-law lives much to far away (4hr drive), and my other brother-in-law is in Cyprus, and Rebecca's brother is ... well I don't know... but the point is, I'll be watching it alone tonight. With a non-alcoholic beer and a bag of chips ... and maybe with Alex....

Experimentally speaking, I won't be able to have all the experiments done in time, as with everything in science, you end up needing to optimize... I won't go into detail, but yesterdays partial success led me to a complete success today... But I only have enough materials to do one more... So I am stuck with a method which works BEAUTIFULLY (95% pure!!!!! which kicks), but I now need to do it in about 2-3 weeks, unless....

Gotta run, miss my train!!!!

2 comments:

NanNan said...

Now Mike, you know there are no addictive personalities in our family, but if it was addicting, at least we're having fun without doing seriouc damage to brain cells or lungs- think of the positive- no worries!!!

Tuffysmom said...

What do you mean, no addictive personalities???? We are all totally addicted to something!!!!!