Monday, July 03, 2006

Feeling a little left out...

Reading some other blogs, I have to admit that I am feeling a little left out. I rarely discuss my tv viewing habits. So here goes...

24 is back on. I only wish that I could share the enjoyment and pleasure that wells up inside me when I first heard that. I love that show. Rebecca hates it, so watching it gets tricky, even more so when it conflicts with another of our favs, NCIS. Ya, it's another cop-ish show of cop-ish people tracking down murderous punks... But what do you do? We like the interactive dynamics of the people involved. It's like a close-knit family and it makes us laugh sometimes. So I tape "24" to watch it later. I guess it's like a soap opera in its addictiveness, with the exception that if you miss an episode, you genuinely miss something. Like Kiefer Sutherland killing another bad guy, or finding out that he's being double-crossed by one of his own because "CTU has been compromised". Ya, I know, but I like it!

Big Brother... Where do I start here... Although I openly admit and acknowledge that this show is probably one of the 7 sings of the apocolypse, we do watch it. There's nothing else on, and it's timing is such that it is right after we finish supper, and want to sit down for a minute (30 minutes as it turns out to be daily). But genuine controversy has occured!!! 2 housemates got the boot Sat or Sun for "sexual misconduct" in the wee hours of Sunday morning (I think it was). Don't know many of the details, but needless to say, alot of people in high places are calling for an axe.

That's probably all I have to say about tv...

But I would like now to begin a new section of this blog, "Restaurant reviews"

And here is the first (and probably only one)

This weekend the in-laws came up and we went out for dinner to celebrate Ellen's 10th birthday. We went to a Thai restaurant called Frangipany (in East Hills). I'm not going to make this long, but we get there at 7:30pm, order shortly after. Our entrees arrive about an hour later. Yes, Entrees have taken an hour. so we're sitting at 8:30ish eating entrees. Then we wait over another hour for our mains, which did not all come close to the same time. Probably between 9:40 and a little after 10:00pm, we all had received our food. I was one of the last people to get my food, and while heaps of people had finished before I got mine, I had finished before the last 2 got theirs. To break this down, between 2-2.5 hours to get our food. And it's Thai, it's not like each dish takes hours to make. The food was good though, but not that good. We will never go back to that restaurant, and we will make sure that no-body we know goes there either. So let that be a warning to you all, Frangipany in East Hills, avoid like the plague. Unless you like that sort of thing...

And a happy Birthday to you Ellen, should you read this. Although I know that answer is no.

2 comments:

NanNan said...

Ah mike, one of the stresses of marriage- maybe opposites attract, but it sure makes watching television together frustrating for one,, in my case, mostly dad- His way- we'd be watching space and aliens: my way, reality and true crime---- So we have different tvs in diff rooms and never see each other!!!! Our Big Brother is starting this week- should get you to tape the Aus. one for us, oops, me ! Sexual misconduct is definately allowed on the American Big brother- unless you're talking about something unconsentual--Your in-laws seem to favour Thai- that was my first taste of Thai- very good- not too spicy- Happy Birthday to Ellie--- love you all -- mama

NanNan said...

Mike, if you get a minute, click on Connies post for monday july3 to see a special photo----