Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Canadian is born!!!

Well, my boy Alex is finally a full-fledged Canadian!!!

He is 3 and a half and can stand and walk on skates!!! Ya, I'm a proud dad.

We took him skating on the weekend with Bec's parents and sister, and Alex had a ball. Thanks to my lovely wife and her photo taking and movie making abilities, I dropped 3 little videos for you to watch... And if you watch closely, you'll even see me slip a little bit.. (working on this...)

Alex didn't take too long to be able to stand up on his own either, so I was pretty happy about that. Not so happy about the sore back I got by the end of the 2 hours. He like going around the rink fast, which meant that I had to hold him while I was hunched over... Watch the video to see what I mean. But he absolutely loved it.

I would like to try to take him more often so he could become a skating champion of the world, but it cost us $30 for me and him (including skate hire). Imagine that, 2 hours of skating for one adult and one child = $30. Well, that's one dream that won't get lived out.

I've probably posted too much for today, so bye bye my adoring fans!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

NanNan said...

He looks so, so , so Canadian!!! Love the gleam in his eyes-- It's much cheaper over here to skate---just the airfare is a little steep for an afternoon of skating--- I bet he'd love snow- I know he'd love snow-- he's a kid!!! Love you Mike-- you made me happy- a feast of posts---- thanks

kicking-and-singing said...

Awwwwwwwww, he's so cute Mike.
And yes noticed you slip*S*...
3 and he skates better than I ever did*H*love ya