Monday, June 19, 2006

It is revealed!!!!

Well, here is the long awaited, heavily contested, and first published picture of our new kitchen. The first thing I would like to point out, is that Alex is not in this picture. My humble apologies, but he was in bed...

The floor grouting is almost done, and then all I have to do is put some wall tiles up and fix a hole in the ceiling where the old fan thing above the stove used to be. I also found out that wiring up a stove does not actually need an electrician!!! Ya, I did it myself, but to be safe, I removed the fuse not only to the stove, but to make sure that there would be no possibility of me frying in my new kitchen, I turned the power off to the whole house!! So everything is hooked up and working nicely!!! I even learned a bit about plumbing in the process... So I won't be calling on them anytime soon for little things... Sewage problems, they get the call. But other things, like hooking up dishwashers and mixer taps and the like, that's my job now. I even know how to shop for plumbing things!!!

Yes. I am a champion of the world!!!

But, as I presently feel like the world is caving in around me as x and y combine forces to smother me with a sum greater than either could muster on their own, I must depart and try to divide an conquer x and y once again.... And the lack of sleep cycle which began this blog rears its ugly head once again... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...Good Job. Who new you had the talent for that? ... Let me know when you are heading back to NS, I have a kitchen that needs installing...lol

NanNan said...

I get first dibbs- our kitchen's looking very tired- needs a facelift- the new kitchen looks nice, like the colour-

Tuffysmom said...

Nice job...I guess you didn't need Jim after all. Proud of you....lots of love..Aunt Marsha