Monday, June 05, 2006

The day of the devil my butt!!!

Well, today is the day of the devil, 6-6-(0)6. Let's see what bad has happened today.

If you are a semi-regular reader of this blog, you will have noticed that I have a massive presentation to do tomorrow. It ended up being something like 90 slides, each with its own bit of animation and stuff.. It is a good presentation, and one that I am sad to say, I may never give. Why? Because last night, the guy's wife (to whom I am supposed to present to) got in a car accident. She's apparently all right, and going home maybe today, but he obviously has to cancel. They have kids and she's not quite right yet. This was a big deal for myself and my Dept as my supervisor has planned a whole day out (as is customary for these things) where the guy would be giving a talk, and listening to other talks and lots of other medical things... Now we need to cancel everything... Lots of e-mails and phone calls, plane and hotel cancellations and you get the idea.

Bonus for me out of this.. I really did want to give this talk, so while I am a bit upset at this, he did agree to mark my thesis. There's no way he will not pass it. He almost has to now. So, yay for me!

Other things.... A misplaced order form thingamabob means that I can't use the machine that I wanted to use today. Crappy crap crap is about all I have to say about that.

Other topic, in 2 days, I start renovating my kitchen. I started ripping up some of the kitchen tiles, they shattered. (I think I mentioned this earlier though, but I'm still not looking forward to ripping up tiles, or tiling, yes I'm holding a grudge against the tiles... Bugger you tiles!!!).

I will try to post pics of my progress in this front, but I can't promise that they will happen before the whole kitchen is in, as I will be busy. But I will put at least one post showing the before, during, and after shots. So patience....

I gotta run and write a very political e-mail to someone who I need to get off their a$$e$ and do some work for me without making them spit the dummy or offending another person who is on my paper.....

1 comment:

NanNan said...

I could have sworn I already left a comment here, but here it isn't! Hoping your slide presentation isn't another wasted effort- hey, if it guilts him into giving you a good mark on your thesis, then all is not lost- too bad about his wife though- Wish dad could help you with his tiling- good luck-