Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Happy birthday to me.....


Well, as many of you already know, I turned 30 on the 30th! How did I celebrate you might ask... Basically with alot of tears. No... If I had nothing to show for my life, I might be a bit upset, but I have a beautiful wife whom I love, 2 beautiful children, our own house over our head, and I am a hair's breath away from being a Dr. So what do I have to be sad about! Exactly my friends... exactly....

So, on the weekend, me and Becs went out for a lovely sea food dinner. There was heaps! Lobter mornay (not as good as Atlantic lobster, but I wouldn't be spitting it out), oysters, and an array of others. The end result though, completely full of sea food!!!

Ahhh, the oft misunderstood pleasures of glutony. So, that was the weekend, on my actual birthday, because it was too bloody hot here, we didn't cook supper but went out to a restaurant here in Campbelltown (bogun central of Sydney) and enjoyed a nice meal of Atlantic salmon (ya, still carrying over the seafood craze!) Rebecca had a steak which I must say tasted infinitely better than my meal... Ah well... The picture above is of the cake that Bec and Alex made for me earlier that day. It's a carot and banana cake (of note, banana's are no longer $11 / kg as new crops have grown lowering the price considerably, allowing those just above the poverty line to eat banana's again!!! YAY!!!)

A good cake it was, with the big "30" lit up in front of me and my kids. It was nice. Madison now smiles at me, and Alex can be such a good kid. Not on that night though. wouldn't listen to a word we said. But he was great while we were blowing out the candles.

This is a pic of my beloved SG. It has been sitting in its case since December 23 under my bed waiting for my birthday so I could open it and give it some lovin'. If only I was better at guitar!!! It feels great though. Plays beautifully. And most importantly, makes me smile.

About the "mistake" post of a little while ago... no details will be given, I wish I had only eaten something bad... But it is mostly work related..... No more will I dwell as I don't want to rant about work anymore.... at least to my devoted audience who don't want to hear me bitch and complain!!!!

Well, I should get to bed, it's 1 am, I have to leave the house by 6:45am to get to work by around 9am very close to King's Cross in Sydney... Google it, and you may find out the ... colourful aspects of that area... like the famed injection room, or the fact that about every 4th shop is NOT an "Adult" oriented shop, but a cigarette shop or a McDonalds! Caught me off guard when I noticed it myself!!!

Anyway, good night my friends, and wish me luck on my Animal ethics etc course / test that I will be taking tomorrow morning!

Cheerio!

4 comments:

Funnyface said...

Happy birthday Mike. And I'm sending you, the best of luck.

Love Aunt Cheryl

kicking-and-singing said...

Glad to hear that you had a good time and that your birthday was well celebrated. Also nice to hear that you were able to give the SG some lovin'.
Take care Mike.
Love Tam

NanNan said...

Great pictures!!! Wow-- high priced bananas--- the cake looks yummy and the kids fabulous--- guitar isn't too bad either-- glad you had a good day,,, little late for that Animal ethics course isn't it,,, after all the rats you had to,,, ooops, better not say!! Love you Mike---

Mike said...

Different institutions require you take THEIR own ethics courses.. different animals too, I'll play with mice now....