Saturday, January 27, 2007

Australian Open Final!


Well, it's the last day of the Australian Open tennis... The only tournament (tennis) that I actually watch. It's been a great tournament, and I have had the great pleasure of watching several great matches....including several of F. Gonzalez (sp?) and one with Roger Federer. Both are on fire and destroying everyone in their way. I was originaly going for Marat Safin because he's enjoyable to watch, and he beat Federer in the Oz Open 2 years ago, but Safin was beaten by Andy Roddick, whom I switched allegiances to following that match, but the Roddick was uttelry and completely destroyed by Federer. I also got to watch Serena Williams beat the world No 1 Maria Sharapova like "she stole somethin'." So it looks like this William's sister has returned as a threat. She was unstoppable. Not a great game to watch though, as I like when it's a bit closer though, and I don't really follow women's tennis much.. Sorry ladies.

But tonight might be a good match. Federer (shown above) is generally boring to watch as he's so perfect in almost every shot he makes, shows little emotion while playing
... Gonzalez (shown below) is playing exceptionally well this tournament and making some amazing shots. So hopefully, he won't get lost in awe at playing Federer and put up a decent challenge. I would like to see Federer sweat a little and maybe lose at least a set.

My prediction is, I guess, Federer in 4. I'm not really going for either of them, as it would be nice for Federer to further his name in the record books as having won the most blah blah blahs consecutively, but it would be nice to see an up-and-commer beat him at such a crucial match as a final to a Grand Slam tournament.... I really just want to watch a good game.
How boring am I !!

1 comment:

kicking-and-singing said...

Just had to stop by to say Happy birthday Mike..Lots of Love,
Tam