Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another day, another....

Ya, I'm a student, couldn't quite finish that with "another dollar" now could I? Or maybe it would be better as "Another day, Another dollar owed". Not as nice a ring, but I think it works.


Well, I don't really have a lot to say today, some big things going on though, but I can't really tell about them... You'll find out in my next post though. It'll be good fun when it happens though!!! And hopefully my story telling won't kill the moment.

I read that Andre Agassi is retiring from tennis after the US Open. A sad day for tennis if you ask me. He has been my favorite tennis player since I began watching, when he had hair, and was known for being a rebel. As a man, I think he's a champion as well though, as he has his own charity and consistently fronts up with an aura of humbleness and honour. He just seems to have a good way about him. So Andre (who is another regular reader of this blog, really. I have proof) I wish you good luck and look forward to watching the highlights of your awesome career. Tennis will not be the same without you. A'Dieu.

What else has happened... Ah yes, something Fireguy might appreciate. in Jan, I have a birthday. And on this birthday, I would like to get something that I have wanted for many, many years, but have yet purchased. And that is an electric guitar. For quite some time, I wanted a Les Paul (Gibson). I like the shape and feel of them. It is a beautiful piece of wood. But lately, my fancy has changed. I don't know why, maybe it's a strong sense of symmetry, or maybe I saw a music video and the guitarist looked cool, and I thought (sub-conciously) I want to be that guy.

But I am now smitten with Gibson SG.

Here's why:
It's beautiful, in looks, touch, and sound. So me and Bec went to a music store where they had heaps of Gibsons.... We looked at some, and my keen ability to pick the most bloody expensive object in a room without seeing a price tag, was again proven. They can be expensive guitars on their own right, but they range in price... So the first one I look at that I really like, has a tag of like $2999.00. Holy crap!!!! I love music and all things related, but how do you get $2999 as a reasonable price for a shapely piece of wood with a bit of electronics thrown in. I don't care if it's hand carved, which it wasn't. I would never consider paying that for a guitar!!!! Crazy I tell you, just crazy.

So, I looked around, found some much cheaper versions... Epiphone (which is a subsidiary of Gibson making a bit more budget friendly guitars) makes some that are under $1000, so we are much happier and the prospects of me actually getting one are looking brighter!!! Ya for me!! True to form though, I liked one that cost between 7-800, and I will probably end up with one that is around $400... I can live with that.

I'm not that good anyway though, but if I get one, I may need Fireguy's fire-fighting skills to put out the flames searing from my fingers as I rock my house down in late January!!!!!


Bye bye

______________________________________________________________
PS: Andre Agassi is not affiliated with this website, nor has he ever seen it, or heard of it, and I openly lied to all of you in suggesting that he reads this site, and that I have proof. I don't have any proof. I never did, and I never planned on trying to find any. In fact, I just made it up there on the spot. He may read this, and is welcome to, but I don't think he does, although he should. Sorry about all the lying. I may try and stop in the near future, but not now though. I'm enjoying it too much. So, to my readers, I say a lame and insincere sorry. Again. But I'm sure you'll learn to live with yet another liar in the mist.
______________________________________________________________
PPS: Talk to you later Andre...

6 comments:

NanNan said...

Oh, oh, I have passed on that ability to zero in on the most expensive out of my price range never going to be able to afford it-wah wah wah
I don't know why you keep promoting the untruth that you are about to turn thirty!!! pshaw- as if-- as if I could possibly have a child that old-- my son, you jest-- your too young to be your mommy xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Fireguy said...

Wow - I never realized how expensive the SG's are! I bet the Les Pauls are even more!
I still have my Fender Strat - Mexican version, and would love a Les Paul to go onstage with it. A lottery win would sure help me in that regard.
Good for you - I'll expect my pager to go off in January...hahhaa

Gillian said...

Ok, so I promise the both of you that if I win a million in the lotto, Mike you'll get your SG and a Les paul goes to Fireguy... I think I need to keep a bankbook of these promises though... A few years ago, I promised one of my students that I would buy her a 4-wheeler if I ever won a million...

Empty promises however since I don't even play the lottery...
(and from now on if I actually do, maybe I'll have to play under an assumed name! LOL!)
G.

Tuffysmom said...

Oh Michael..you are just too funny! And you know what..I also (as well as your mother) have a sharp nose for the most expensive things in a store. Even clothes!!! I see something I like..et voila...way too expensive! It must be genetic! But I surely hope you get your guitar! Then you will have to come to N.S. to get Fireguy to give you some tips!!! Righto Mate?
You're not going to be 30 in Jan are you?..Tell me it's a lie. Say it's not so.
Lots of love..your Aunt Marsha.

NanNan said...

OT, I know, but just found out the great Canadian Musician, Ron Sexsmith will be in Australia, Oct.2 in sydney, and Blue mountain the night before-- check out his website:
http://www.ronsexsmith.com/tourdates.php

NanNan said...

I watched Andre play today, but just like chess, I can't figure out the scoring--- i think you tried to explain it to me once before, but it didn't take-- so I don't know if he won or not-- had to go and watch a british soap opera, called Eastenders----that , I understand--- love