Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What's Mike Watching!!!

This is one guy that you don't want to mess with, Jack Bauer (of 24). He is the best terrorizer of terrorists that there could ever hope to be.. And Kiefer Sutherland is a champion at this role. And one of the best things about this series, is that it is not reality tv. Nope, it is a series with writers writing scripts, for actors who have never shot anyone before (in real life) and have never had to really deal with nerve gas, hostage takers, gas leaks and general terrorist activities.... But they pretend beautifully!!! Kiefer Sutherland is a champion at this role. The season ended here in blistering pace, as they showed 2 episodes a week, and 2 hour episodes at that... That's 4 hours a week!!! Sadly though, it ended, and I am still sad that after saving the US, de-throning the President, and making the world right again, he has been kidnapped and is in a container ship heading shows, no reality here, genuine script-writing using genuine actors whoWell, this is a man that you really don't want to mess with... My hero, Jack Bauer. Anti-terrorist terrorizer. I have to admit that this is probably one of my favorite to a Chinese prison for something he did in the previous series... Not happy about that.... But it's over now, and I'm left trying to fill a void.

So who do we have here? This is Yasmin, focal point of the "Yasmin's Getting Married" series on Channel 10. The premise: she's a single girl who by the end of the 9 week series will be getting married to one of the guys chosen by her family and viewers. This show, of which I watched the premiere, sadly admitted, was canceled within like 48 hours or something.

Simply put, nobody watched.

Would this hurt a girl's ego to know that a show centered around her trying to find love couldn't hold our interest for a full 30 to 60 minutes? And to such a degree that it was canned by the end of the week? Hopefully not. She's an attractive lady, and the show should have focused more on her as opposed to the "panel" of people who just critisized potential...suitors. Very little of the show actually dealt with her. And that is where I feel the show sucked.

Sorry Yasmin... (as a side note, the original title was "Rene's Getting Married" but she found love before the show aired so they needed someone else ... in pops Yasmin!)

But in its stead FUTURAMA!!!! YAY FOR ME!!! I have to admit that I like this show much more than I like the Simpsons (I know, blasphemy!!!) But man, it's funny as, I've blogged my love for this show before, and I am doing it again, because this is probably the only thing that Channel 10 does right. As opposed to the 1 and half hours of Simpson's episodes they seem to show on a nightly basis.... Anyway, I gotta go now....

6 comments:

kicking-and-singing said...

Hey Mike..Can't say as I watch alot of television, fav shows are Smallville and CSI, then come the cartoons*L*
Talk to you later Mike
Tam

Tuffysmom said...

I love Futurama, but I still love the Simpsons too. Don't get to watch them as much because Coronation Street is on at the same time as the Simpsons now.
My hero is Grissom of CSI fame...I watch all the CSI's. Good to hear from you again... Talk later, Love Marsha

NanNan said...

That's quite a range of tastes-- none of them mine though!!! Although I do like Kiefer Suterland-- whooj-they didn't give Yasmin much of a chance to find her soulmate !!! Looks like she shouldn't have much trouble though-- This blogging business is interfering with my tv watching-- especially big brother--- will check in later-- love mom

Gillian said...

Well, I have never seen Futurama but can't believe that anything can top Simpson in that style... Maybe it's because my brother knows almost every Homer line and incorporates them into almost every conversation that we have with one another so they really grow on you...

Tonight I was on CBC when the start of Coronation Street came on... In my mind I said, "I should give this a chance out of my deep respect for Sue", so I watched as the initial credits/ Intro was playing and suddenly I couldn't take the music anymore and had to switch the channel... I TRIED so hard but couldn't even force myself to watch! Sorry Sue!!

NanNan said...

That's okay G--- I couldn't stand it until a few years ago, so try it in about 30 years from now, if it's still on air--

Oh yeah, Mike, I came here to tag you since I was tagged--- go to my site and figure it out!! Love mom

NanNan said...

Hey Mike, Gillian's school needs a math and science teacher desperately------ check it out!!!!