Thursday, August 03, 2006

Big Brother is OVER!!!! Yay!

I was reading Marsha's Blog and noticed that you only get BB for three nights a week!!! That's awesome!! We get it Monday through Friday, as the regular half hour episodes, then Friday night games from like 8:30pm to 10 or so, and then late night BB nightly from like midnight or something. Then the eviction show on Sunday night plus the eviction show on Monday (after the nightly half hour "what's been going on".

Overkill.

Unfortunatly, once you start watching it, you're addicted. I read an interesting news article today about it though, from a journalist who forced himself to watch it how it is supposed to be watched (continually so you become emotionally involved in the ... players I guess) http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/farewell-bb-its-been-real/2006/08/01/1154198143205.html

I didn't actually watch the final episode (not that addicted although I became a regular watcher... sorry Ross), but apparently, the winner (the guy pictured here) was in shock, and when asked what he was going to do with the cash, he said,

"Buy a solid gold house and a rocket car then I can go places really fast.

"I am an idiot. I have no idea."
(from http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,19982323-5006002,00.html)

I'm glad he won though. Jaime is a good guy.

Onto other news though..

Read this article, and keep it in the context of Alex will be starting school soon, and then think, hmmmm this must be why Mike wants to move (this is quite close to home, and is in our same city of Campbelltown). It's entitled: "Classes resume at "lockdown" school"....


http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20004076-5005961,00.html Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

NanNan said...

Riot police!!! Get that child out of there, NOW, ASAP, Code Blue,and hey, I can recommend a good school-
http://www.meadowfields.ednet.ns.ca/

Mill Falls was awesome--- more water than we've ever seen-- could almost see you and Jennah tubing down the Mersey-- sob, sob, remember, Shamrock has your name on it---

NanNan said...

And I'm so jealous of BB Australia-- five nights a week-- lucky you!!

Tuffysmom said...

Hey, you're Big Brother must be different than ours. That guy is not on our show! I am addicted to BB...I get emotionally involved! That's why I holler at the TV..

kicking-and-singing said...

I don't like the sounds of Riot Police at all Mike...Makes me think you all should consider moving..I'm not saying move back home..but moving...
Love ya
Tammie

NanNan said...

What do you mean-- not back home??? C'mon K&S, work with me!!!!