Friday, September 29, 2006

Ummmm

Not much to say tonight. It's been a loonng week. Things happen. Not good, not great. Just there. Slowly building. Ya. Sounds depressing, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I have yet to decide. Fatigue brings that on though. On the up-side though... I still move forward. I've had to deal with some fairly heavy issues this past week. One of my views which I found actually seemed to help a situation, which I am not going to elaborate on, don't even ask, I cannot elaborate. Was that the measure of a man is how he (or she) acts when it hits the fan. When everything's going well, everyone loves everyone. There's no reason not to. But when problems arise, that's when the foundation of what makes a person are tested. If that person does what is right, regardless of the consequences (or perceived consequences, case pending), you pass. If you run, hide, get defensive, shut down and enter denial, blame everyone else, others learn volumes about you and what makes you you. Do you accept what's right, or fight it because you think you are right, gets blurry here I agree. But such is life.


It gets messy when the area is gray though, I acknowledge that. While I know it's not right to measure others by your own personal standards, as your own standards may be too low (or high), when you are forced to... it gets tricky. Again, don't ask. I guess the best you can do, is try to find an external reference point (trianulation analogy, or Einstein's Theory of Relativity.... you need an external reference point to locate a specific point, it's more complex obviously, but the idea's there!). And thus brings us back to the beginning of this post... Damn, a circular argument. I am now fallicious. Ah well, my blog, my fallicy. So, to see the true measure of a man, examine him under pressure (external stimuli?). Enough.

A music review now:

Antony and the Johnsons. You may ask who are they, and if you don't know, you have been missing out on some beautiful piano based music with one of the most original voices you're likely ever to hear. The instant you hear a song sung by Antony, you will never forget his voice. It's similar to Billy Talent or The Cure, in that the voice is his alone. And it's beautiful.. Regular readers may be wondering why I only review groups that I think are great... Well, I don't get paid for this, so I'm not going to waste my time writing about songs that I don't like.

But Antony and the Johnsons produce beautiful music. It's on the slow side (not bad slow, good slow), there's no guitar (maybe a little), alot of string arrangements (subtley diffused throughout, not overpowering), and the focus is on Antony's voice with the piano as back up. Some of the songs you really need to just sit back, close your eyes and just listen. I have the "I am a bird now" cd, and I am doing just that with the first track, "Hope there's someone." I can type with my eyes closed exceptionally well now. It's beautiful.

It's getting late and I want to go to bed, so my last bit of advice: Do yourself a favor and listen to them.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

First time I really noticed the time difference in your blogs... It's funny to think that it is friday night and I am replying to a blog that was first posted on Saturday.... Imagine...

I feel like a super hero, and thanks for the recommendation! I'll see if there is anything on Limewire from them... NEVER know?!

G.