Thursday, September 14, 2006

Success!!!!!!!!

Well, it seems that yesterdays venting session worked!!! I got a response this morning!!! Less than 24h after sending the paper off!!!!!

I must reiterate though, that I was never upset with her. Only the present circumstances surrounding my needs and her availability, which I acknowledge and accept may not be compatable up until now. This was no-one's fault, I was just flustered at the circumstances.

Once I sent the paper off, I had a nervous ball of ... I don't know in my gut which pretty much centered around me hoping that I did not send this world-widedly declared expert-in-the-field the work of a moron (meaning me) who was stabbing at whatever he could to analyze the data, and end up embarrasing myself.. But as my Dad recently mentioned to me, (in other words that I am re-arrangine and making fit to what I want to say) it must be hard for me to be right all the time!!! And while that may not be what he said, or even meant, or even thought that I might twist into meaning, I know that's what he felt!!! ya welll....

So, because I am so ecstatic (spelling?), I am posting her middle paragraph of her response outlining what she thought of my paper:

"The data that you sent and that you have included in the paper is excellent. And you have done a very good job in the analysis. I've attached the file with some comments/suggestions in Track Changes - there is one section which needs a bit more clarification - but overall I think it all makes sense. And I like the Conclusion section which brings it all together in terms of a mechanism of action."

Awesome eh!!!

The only real problem, was that she forgot to attach the file with her comments/suggestions. I honestly expected her to crucify it. But she also appreciated having her name on the paper, and she wouldn't agree to that if she thought the paper was crap. Awesome day for me....

In terms of my thesis, though, it is even more awesome!!! It means that my first methods chapter which deals with the subject of the post from yesterday, contains 2 publications, one in the Journal of Biological Chemistry ( J Biol Chem. 2004 Dec 24;279(52):54002-7. Epub 2004 Oct 13) that link will take you to the abstract, and one will be very likely accepted by Biopolymers (as the lady mentioned above is an editor, no I wasn't playing politics with this, coincidences do happen). My second results chapter already has 2 publications, one is Bioconjugate Chemistry (Bioconjug Chem. 2005 Nov-Dec;16(6):1556-63) and one in BBA (Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006 Aug;1763(8):879-88. Epub 2006 May 10). My 3rd results chapter is a method development chapter, so no possible publication out of that.

That's 4 publications in good journals my friends. A good haul for a PhD student!! That also means that the people reviewing my thesis can not say anything bad, as my work is already peer-reviewed and published in international journal, ready to be cited by others!!!

Yay for me!!!

I should get back to writing said thesis though, you still don't pass if you don't submit though.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Congratulations smarty pants!! Must feel so good to know that your hard work was considered meaningful to professionals in your field!!

Awesome work...
G.

NanNan said...

Don't understand much of what you write, but it sure makes me proud to see your name when I click on the published articles--- and I didn't even write them!!! I just begat the author---