Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sadness defined.

I know that it's been a little while since my last post. And even then, the question remains as to whether or not that was a real post... Even more questionable was whether or not it warranted comments!! But thanks nonetheless Oh Adoring Yet Oft Neglected Fans.

So what's happened. I finally got internet access on my laptop at work. No access to facebook as it's blocked, but here I am. So this isn't blocked. I've been pretty busy at work as of late, thus my last post.

I had kind of a crap week last week. I set up a fairly large experiment and all my samples got contaminated with some kind of dirty little bacteria of some sort... Which made it a write-off.

But things seem to be going better this week.

So yesterday, I have officially been married for seven years to my lovely wife. We went out for supper on the weekend to a really nice Italian restaurant by the Westin in Halifax. I can't remember the name so i can't give it to you. I had a really nice seafood pasta thing that reminded me why I love lobster. The stuff is like gold. I missed those poor little crustaceans that should be found in my belly much more often.

So the definition of sadness that I promised you.

Well, back in 1989, I really began watching hockey. Influenced by a friend, I was rooting for the Calgary Flames (now you see where sadness enters the story). It just so happened that they won the Stanley Cup that year. So I was pretty pleased!!! I remember it very well! Ahh the joys...

Come up to 2004. I am in Australia, no news of hockey really makes it there, so I regularly check Google News. Lo and behold, the Flames have now made it to the Stanley Cup playoffs!!! And I couldn't watch. So I got my dearly loved uncle Jimmy and my Grandfather to record the games for me and send them down to Oz for me. I then proceeded to ignore all sports news for a long time so that I wouldn't know the outcome.

When I got the videos a while later (2 months or so I think), I still didn't know who had won. So I watched each of the games late at night when my wife and son were asleep. And I loved it!!! It got to game 7, and I was crushed by their defeat by a team in Florida!!!! Tampa Bay Lightning who had Patrick Roy as their goalie (ex-Montreal Canadien).

And now, here we are. I am in Canada. I can watch the games in real-time. If only they didn't start at bloody 11 pm and I didn't have work. I didn't watch last night's game because it was my wedding anniversary and I love my wife more. But I woke up to defeat. They lost last night to San Jose Sharks.

Crappity crap crap.

I even bought myself a Calgary Flames hat!!! Jeez! What's a guy gotta to do!?! Ah well. Next year. (I know, I sound like a Toronto Maple Leafs fan eh!).

But I am trying to get my son to enjoy watching hockey and I don't think that it will be too hard. We watched the first period of Montreal's glorious win the other night against Boston. My son seemed to enjoy watching. But what made me really proud was when I found out that the first thing he asked my wife the next morning when he woke up (I was at work) was if they won!!!

How great is that!!! So I think that I will be watching some Montreal Canadien hockey.

But please Montreal, please pretty please allow me to continue to root for you. Don't riot anymore. Celebrate yes. But rioting because of a ROUND ONE victory?

Please.

Grow up.

Make me proud to be a Canadian.

No comments: