Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Touching base

Well, fortunately for everyone out there, I don't really have anything to say today. I just thought that I would drop a line to my loyal fan base and let them know that I am still here.

Hi.

Been pretty busy lately, lecturing on Egyptian mythology etc. Trying to get a project up and running with 2 separate collaborators who are busy doing there own thing, and I require them to train me in some new tricks. Not a fun job. Sounds good on paper. In practice, it's not.

Getting paid: Since starting in January, after being offered employment here in late Sept, I am still not hired properly, and this means that EVERY BLOODY Thursday but one, I have spent the day trying to find out why I haven't been paid. Today is no different. Except that I cant' even get in touch with the people I need to because they are moving to a new building today!! The curses going through my head are making me dizzy. Let me tell you... No, I better not.

So ya, I've better ones. Better days, weeks, months now...

What good can I tell you.. Like they do on TV news, where they always tell you that thousands have perished in a freak and particularly gruesome boating accident in which oddly enough, ONLY mothers and children perished (ie the bad news) before ending the story with an up-beat cheerful tone, happily saying that on the upside, there are now a lot more eligible bachelors for all those single ladies looking for Mr. Right! Or that a kitten that was trapped in a tree was inadvertently rescued by the boat accident once the boat finally came to a halt in the middle of the park just far enough away so that the cat could jump over to it and then on to the safety of its owner who was anxiously praying to God to save her poor cat from being stuck in a tree....

My good news..... oh ya, we bought a Nintendo Wii!!! Yay for me! Me and Bec are not addicts, but we do play it together, tennis, etc. But now that we have enough controlers (the Nunchuck bit took forever to come in), I think tonight we will play boxing. The only legal was to beat up you wife!!! Or, to beat up your husband.... Only time will tell which way this battle of the titans will end.

Anyway, I should go and continue being bored today. I kind of refuse to work today because I am .... upset ... that I am still having to fight accounts for every penny I end up giving to the bank, phone company, electricity company, water people, gas station attendant, grocery store, chinese mafia, train station guy who gives me my ticket, and city council, not to mention all the others who make me poor.

Thanks. Thanks alot.

Keep smiling though....

1 comment:

kicking-and-singing said...

Don't you just love the little joys of responsibility Mike? Sometime sit feels liek it would be good to be a kid again.
Have fun with the wii.