Thursday, October 12, 2006

The hippies of EagleVale

Well, since I have gotten a few comments on these pics through Bec's photoalbum, I thought I would post with an explanation. Me and Bec, along with Alex, have decided to move to a hippy commune. It's peaceful, no need to finish a thesis, and you can just lie back, relax, watch the clouds go by, all the while enjoying some good old fashioned home-cooked special brownies.....

Obviously I jest. The other weekend we had another 21st birthday to go to. This one was for one of Bec's co-workers who decided to have a dress-up theme of the 50s and 60s. Bec went as a pregnant naval wife. And Alex and I went as hippies.

It was a good birthday, but honestly, it was a bit weird walking in and noticing that EVERYONE decided that they would wear nice going out clothes of the 50s and 60s, like evening or dance wear. So there were a lot people from "Grease". Bec fit in well, but me and Alex rock up with ripped jeans, sandals, big hair, etc. I was pretty awesome!!!! Besides the birthday girl's boyfriend (who dressed in a military outfit), we wore by far the most original outfits.

Needless to say, Alex got a lot of attention from the ladies. He wore the wig for a little while, but it didn't stay on too well... But he loved it, and was a good night.

As for me.... Yes, I'm brinin' sexy back.

6 comments:

NanNan said...

I love these pics!!! My favourites--thought it was early Hallowe'en--- I remember seeing a picture of Bec's mom and dad in their very young days that were not to different from you and Alex!!! But watch out for those brownies!!!Love you guys---

kicking-and-singing said...

OMG Mike, all I can think of is all those costumes you guys had when we were kids and all the games we used to make up to play while wearing them.
On an up note you didn't need to wear a wig*LOL*
Love you Lots
Tammie

NanNan said...

DAD SAID: WHAT WAS THIS PASSWORD THING ABOUT ANYWAY? Mike we love any thing you giv us of your life down under Alex is the man.
Love dad.

Gillian said...

I have to admit that is a GREAT costume for a kid!!! I love how the hair is about twice his width!!!

thanks for sharing!
G.

mikki said...

YEAH!

hehehehehe - that's a nice look for you and Alex :o)

Mandy said...

That is a great costume ! You guys looked great