Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yay for me!

I know it's been a little while, but since there's none of you to read this, it doesnt' really matter now does it.

I have had a few interesting things happen over the past little while, which I'll share with you...

Interesting fact #1: Today's not Tuesday, but Wednesday. Yes I am writing on a Wedesday, not Tuesday.

Interesting fact #2: Well, 2 Fridays ago (April 14th), I heard back from one of the papers I submitted (see earlier post), and I was a little disapointed that they didn't think it deserved a Nobel prize, but the did say that it was professionally thought out and alot of other nice compliments. Most importantly though, the revisions they suggested were so minor, I had them all done by the end of the morning!! So it's been re-submitted and soon to be published, and since I know how much you all care about my research into potential peptide treatment of autoimmune diseases based on inhibition of the T cell antigen receptor, it'll appear later this year in BBA - Molecular Cell Research, and the article is titled:

"Lipidation and Glycosylation of a T-cell Antigen Receptor (TCR) Transmembrane Hydrophobic Peptide Dramatically Enhances in vitro and in vivo Function" and authored by: Michael A. Amon (Me!!) , Marina Ali, Vera Bender, Yiu-Ngok Chan, Istvan Toth and Nicholas Manolios"

So I'm pretty stoked about that!!!

Interesting fact #3: I have also been having trouble sleeping at night, so to take up the time when I probably should be sleeping, I play on my computer recording and mixing music. I did 2 final mixes, which means that I have two songs fully done, and started mixing a third! I will have to come up with a drum beat for the third though, and considering I don't play drums very well, nor have imagination with drums, that'll take me some time. The new number is called "Don't Ask" and is me dealing with the drug related death of my brother, Christopher Ryan Amon, a few years ago. His website is one of my links (Amon World) and I think you should go there... Now, what the hell are you waiting for? You can always come back here later and be bored...

No more interesting facts.

Last week, I was voted onto my Baha'i communities LSA with the largest number of votes from the community... For you who do not know what the Baha'i Faith is, please do yourself a favour and click on the link "The Baha'i Faith" at the top of the page, or post a comment to that effect and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, I promise!. It's basically the most recent world religion (started in 1844) following the progression from ... Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammud, and the most recent prophet, Baha'u'llah. It's central premise is "Unity" like all religions are from the same (and only) God, it's just that they are for a set time in our spiritual development. You can see this by looking at the central RELIGIOUS tenents, as they haven't really changed (love thy neighbour). But for some reason, the community where I live, thinks that I would serve them well in an administration position! Within the Baha'i Faith, you are not allowed to campaign at all for yours, or anyone elses, election, instead, you are required to vote for the nine Baha'i's over 21 who you think would best serve your community. Crazy stuff that is, so I guess I really have to do some good Baha'i work this year....

I really should get back to work....

No comments: