Sunday, November 12, 2006

Easing back in....

So..... Hello again there everyone!! Thanks (mostly!) everyone for their undertanding during the last little while. I stopped because I basically had nothing to say. I had had enough of my thesis writing, and it was becoming to absorbing for me. Thank those of you who sent me e-mails etc, of which I tried my fastest to respond to as I value them far and above any blog pseudo contact. So thanks guys you're champions.

This "return" to posting does not mean that you will be getting heaps of posts though, I am still busy. My thesis is about 98% done, I just have some almost final drafts of chapters doing some rounds with non-related people checking for contextual errors etc that no one in my dept would be able to pick due to our intimate knowledge of the subject matter. So, what have I been doing? Besides working on another paper, mainly Home renovations.

I tiled my kitchen walls, and they look really nice. As soon as we paint the kitchen, I'll take a picture and post it for you all to marvel at. I even learned how to re-wire power outlets!! I had to move one down about 3 inches so it would be in line with the rest of the tiles. I was pretty anal about perfect lines, I used a level throughout as well.... I had to cut more than two-thirds of the tiles I layed, which was a pain in the ass, but it looks great. Something to be proud of! WE just got a new air conditioner put in as ours died a while ago... We noticied really when our dear little rabbit, Milo, passed away in her cage because of the heat. A sad day. Very sad actually.

But Alex knows a little about death now, and Heaven, and that it's nothing to be afraid of. I think that we are trying to give him a religious upbringing probably helps in that respect. Yes, I am a religious man, if you didn't already know, and I am a Baha'i, of which you should look up by following the link at right if you don't know anything about it... Moment of silence for Milo......

..
.
.
..

Thank you.


Also, yesterday, did some yard work since we will be having Alex' birthday a little early this year on account of Bec being due 5 days before his actual birthday. It will be the last Saturday in November, and we are having it here in our back yard... Thus the rush to actually finish the kitchen. But, when I was moving some of the old fence bits, mainly so the guys could instal the new air conditioner, I noticed some dirty little white ants. Ya. Many bad things went through my head too. Mostly cuss words though. I looked under the house and there doesn't appear to be anything eating my house out from under me, so we're "happy" so far. But we've got a professional termite guy coming in in a few days.

FOr those that don't know, in Australia, well Sydney at least, the houses are built pretty poorly. No basements or anything as they're not needed due to no freezing. but our house is proped up above the ground a bit giving us a bit of a crawl space underneath the house with a dirt floor, and heaps of daddy long legged spiders. (speak in a girly voice for this next sentence) I hate spiders.
So I went under and looked for termite damage and saw nothing. I'll keep you posted becase you care.

Well, I'm off again.

4 comments:

NanNan said...

Yippee, I'm happy-- I thrive on this "blog pseudo contact" and it's a great way to touch base with your long lost cousins---Yikes, Alex's birthday has crept up in such a hurry--- i better get off my gluteus extra maximus and do some e-shopping!! Love you-- poor Milo!!

Funnyface said...

Welcome back.I sure have missed you!
I can't wait to see pictures of your finished kitchen. Maybe it will give me some ideas.
Love you Aunt Cheryl

NanNan said...

Dad Said;
Mike nice to read you. It's a good feeling that I get when I read your little blurbs. There are some things that remain the same no matter how much around us change and and I love your insights on thes bloging pages.

Dad

kicking-and-singing said...

Hey Mike, It's bloody well time we finally heard from you again...*S*just kidding you really needed the break, no freezing, how nice*LOL*...we have a few inches of snow here and Pat keeps threatening to send me back to Yarmouth for bringing the snow with me, apparently we already have more snow here now than they had last year total.
Lots of Love to you guys...
take it easy and talk to you soon.
Tammie