Monday, November 27, 2006

Congrat'sare in order!

Well,I know that it has been a little while since I have last posted, but that's alright... You'll all get over it!

Alot has happened over the past little while, of most significance, was the birth of Delaney Lynn Tree., who was born on Wednesday November 15th, to one of my bestest friends, Amanda Tree(Sitland) and her husband Jason. So congradulations Amanda, much love and happiness are being sent to you!!!

Ummm, everything else will kind of pale in comparison though, but I will continue to bore you because I can.

Me and Bec went to see Pearl Jam last weekend... Kicked ass.... That's all I can really say to describe it. Honestly, I have not really thought too much about the last few albums they have put out, but after hearing them played live, I realize that that's how their new stuff was meant to be heard. It rocked. The concert began with Eddie (singer) coming onto the stage with his guitar, by himself, and he began playing Betterman. After the intro, when he should have begun singing the first verse, he didn't. Instead, his singing was replaced by that of the entire crowd. It was pretty cool to say the least. So we were all singing Betterman together with Eddie on guitar. They played alot of their betterknown songs, like Alive, Even Flow etc... And they also played their cover of Keep on Rockin' in the Free World... That was pretty awesome!! Eddie brought this kid up on stage with him from the audience for Keep on Rockin' and they each played a tamborine, and man the kid was into it!!! Eddie then lifted him up onto his shoulders and carried him around on stage for a bit too!! That kid's got a great story that no-one will ever believe!!! Personally, I might have been a little concerned considering Eddie was regularly drinking and smoking on stage, but it didn't look like enough to cause him to loose his balance or anything. They ended the show with one of my favorite covers of theirs, Yellow Ledbetter. It's a slower song, and it's not on any of their albums, but my love for the song is documented in an ealier post, and it is only found on the cd single for Daughter, but alot of people knew it. I guess I would have to say that if you like Pearl Jam, do yourself a favour, and go see them if the opportunity arisses....

Even the baby in Bec's tummy partied all night (to Bec's discomfort).

What else has happened, I finished the kitchen, painted and all!! It looks great, and since I am a champion, it should. (Why not toot my own horn, I'm allowed, don't judge my self-love!). I will post a pic later when I take one, and since I have had broadband for a while now, (10-15 minutes actually) it won't take long to load up either!!!!!!! Yay for me!.

We also celebrated Alex's 4th birthday on Saturday (25th Nov). It was great! A bunch of Alex's day care friends came, as did family etc. We rented a jumping castle. Having some issues with the photos, so I can't actually post any pics, but I will try later....

I should run back to work, but I'll try posting sooner than later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay - Pearl Jam!! Sounds like a rockin' show :o) I look forward to seeing the pics of the kitchen reno; I am impressed that you did all the tiling yourself, 'cause tiling is noteasy (nor is it fun). I hope to be posting some reno shots soon - assuming we ever finish ours :o)
Take care!
Love,
Michelle

kicking-and-singing said...

Hey Mike,
see a couple of pics on your Mom's bog for Aussie and then skidded over to Bec's page for some pics of Alex...
I am so glad htat I get an opportunity to see the little ones grow in all hte pics I get to see.
Alex looks so much like you.
Anyway take care of yourself, I get to travel to work shortly...Windchill this morning is -37...yikes...but I love it out here.
Take care, love you lots and get those reno shots up so that I can see them soon.
Tammie

NanNan said...

Wow-- lots of news-- thanks for the update-- I noticed the castle in the birthday pics and was going to ask about it---- Alex is looking more like you all the time--- let me know when his gifts arrive--- Glad you enjoyed Pearl Jam--- wonder what babyAmonin belly thought or sensed--- He/She may take a liking to pearl jam-- be sure to post the new kitchen pics---- And of course,, we're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby-- hope Bec isn't too uncomfortable-- that last month is hard to endure--- love you guys!