Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hold on a bit

This blog may take a little while to get up and running, and since I've told no one it exists, it's unlikely that anyone will actually see this... But if someone does end up here for some reason, I will shortly be putting up pictures of me and my family, and maybe some other things as well...

I just bought pearl jam's rearviemirror cd, their best of 1991-2003 dual cd, and man are there some kick ass songs on it. I forgot how much I love them. Yellow Ledbetter, was the reason behind me buying the ONLY cd single I ever bought, and I guess I just bought it again eh!! State of Loving Trust, was one of the first songs I learned to play on bass...Damn Mike Keeping for never giving me that cd back!! Can't really blame him, but I can hold a grudge... It was on the Singles (movie) soundtrack for those of you who remember that. That was a great cd too, damn him I miss that CD.

So as you've read, I am still stuck in the 90's. great decade that hailed the death of Rick Astley, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany. Who could've really asked for more? Death by Teen Spirit!! Ah the rank of it all...

I just can't seem to get into bands like A Simple Plan, who remind me of something that I lost a long time ago and think back happily that it's now gone... I know, A Simple Plan is like a band formed by Michael Bolten, Celine Deon, with Kenny G on backup. Yup, I think I'm right. Maybe they're behind them, like the navy was behind Bart Simpson's boyband..you remember their hit, yvan eth nioj ("join the navy" backwards if you still don't remember)... A Simple Plan have made a "career" out of Ben Fold's tongue in cheek Rockin' the Suburbs, where you don't know what it's like, being middle class and white. I'll drop it now.

I saw the Foo Fighters in Sydney a little while ago, and man they kicked ass!! COuldn't see very well, but they did some great renditions.. Dave Grohl played the first half of Evermore by himself and the only word to describe it was beautiful. A lot of other great stuff, but for me, that was the standout.

I should get back to writing my thesis... Entitled "Peptide - Lipid Interactions". Ya, I thought you'd all get excited over that one. If you do read this, please leave a comment, I'm curious...

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: