Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A word on hockey

Well last night the vancouver Cunucks were eliminated from Stanley Cup contention.  I am truly sorry at this as I really would have liked to back a Canadian team for the cup.  Even though....

I am a Calgary Flames fan.   What I mean by the "Even though..." above, is that during the regular season, whenever Calgary lost a game, the Canucks fans seemed to have a field day slamming the Flames saying how much they sucked.  Pretty harshly too.  I think friendly rivalry is healthy, but man, the level of slamming was a bit harsh.  But what I would like to point out though, is that despite being in a slump at the end of the year, the Flames fell to the Blackhawks 4 games to 2.   Last night, the Canucks fell to the Blackhawks as well, oddly enough, 4 games to 2.  They were well fought games I will openly admit.  And this is not an I told you so, because I never said anything to that effect... As I said before, once the Flames fell, I really would have liked to have a Canadian team still in contention, although the Flames smashing would have likely increased etc etc... 

I just find it kind of funny that both the Flames and the Canucks fell to the same team in same number of games.  Ah well...  Maybe next year.

No comments: