Monday, July 07, 2008

Blah blah blah

Hullo again everyone... I know that it's been awhile, but what can I say, I am a busy man. I will now try to briefly explain why I have been so busy...

Over the Canada Day weekend, we went camping up at Shediac, New Brunswick. The first day there was a really beautiful day. The tent went up well, the sun was out, and the kids were alright. We got some firewood, roasted some marshmallows, and ended the day on a good up note. (Saturday).

Sunday came, and rained. And then it rained some more. But we had an awesome day at Crystal Palace so it didn't matter that much. And the tent held up pretty well. We will spray it with some kind of water-proofing stuff, but it was pretty good nonetheless. Alex really liked Crystal Palace despite not being able to go on the bumper cars or the swings because he is about an inch or two too short. But he did get to go on the roller coaster many many times. As expected, he didn't really want to leave though, but we did and he fell asleep in the car. On the way back to Shediac from Moncton, we listened to the radio to get the forecast for Monday, and low and behold, it predicted rain. Thunder showers even.

Crappity crap crap.

So we went to PEI on Monday. Ya, alot of driving for the kids, but it was worth it because they had a good time. We took Confederation Bridge, and the family was pretty impressed by it. After finding a place for Bec to use the bathroom that is. I love you dear.

The day turned out to be beautiful.

We first went to Summerside, had lunch and then roamed around there for a little bit taking in the sites and candy from this candy store. We went inside this little "light house / lookout" which was pretty cool mainly because Alex has been dying to see the inside of a lighthouse. even though this one wasn't a real light-house, he still really enjoyed it. So next we went to Charlottetown where they were having a really big concert that we didn't have tickets for, nor could we get tickets for because they were all sold out and we had two kids in tow. But there was a free petting zoo, and several free jumping castles which both Mads and Alex loved! After the jumping castles, we went to a park in Charlottetown on the waterfront where there was a pool (we didn't bring swimmers due to the predicted rain etc).. So we played in the playground for a while and again, the kids had a really good time, so it was another good day. Of note though, when we were leaving downtown Charlottetown (the jumping castles), across the rd from where we were parked, were two police officers and a tow truck... they were loading up 2 nice motorcycles that were illegally parked on the side of the rd. I am sorry to say that I did have to laugh a little bit... How crappy must that night have been for the two owners, who may have been in line for the concert which was about to begin, to come out of the concert all happy at seeing Collective Soul (heard their sound check) and whatever other bands were playing, only to find that they had no ride home. Sorry guys.... or girls...

It wasn't raining that night when we got back to Shediac, but we couldn't make a fire because me, being the clever doctor boy that I am, left the wood outside on the first night, when it rained. So the wood was soaked. I managed to get a small fire going, but the wood was just too soaked to burn properly. So no roasted marshmallows for my family as I am a failure as a woodsman. A failure indeed. But I have learned my lesson, and I generally don't make the same mistake twice, usually, unless it was really fun to make that mistake, then maybe I would make that mistake several more times, and then some more. Enough of that, sidetracked I guess... Always cover your wood.

So Tuesday came, and it was really hot, which made the drive home really nice for the three hours or so in the car with no air conditioning. It was awesome! Sweating bullets like there was no tomorrow, stopping to photograph my beautiful wife in front of the giant blueberry in Oxford NS, and then getting home.... Where we had a quick supper and went down to the waterfront for the Fireworks, which again, we all enjoyed. It wasn't quite as extravagant as those in Sydney, Australia, but they were good nonetheless. I think that if they could put the fireworks to music, it would blow the audience away...

Anyway, so that was my Canada Day weekend, more things happened that I neglected to include, like Rebecca's discovery of real mosquitoes. The Australian's think that they have bad mosquitoes, but honestly, I couldn't agree less. And now, neither can my wife. Or Madison, who was a frequent pin cushion. Nor about my problems with Tim Horton's...

But that's another blog. Maybe the next one as I haven't felt the need to rant much lately...

Cheers,
I gotta go now.

1 comment:

Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had fun . Tim and I were at the concerts in Charlettown and they were GREAT.