Monday, March 19, 2007

A day of Note

Well, for my long time readers and others who might be reading this... Last year, I seemed to have spent a fair amount of time bitching and complaining about writing my thesis. It was to the point that I even stopped blogging because I hated sitting at my computer.

That time is over now.

I am ready to submit. Why has it taken so long one might ask. And I would answer that it's a PhD thesis. They always take long. Also, my supervisor told me to write a paper in late October which took up some time, then the editing process took time. Then when I handed my supervisor the final draft in January, I was informed that he wouldn't be able to read it until late Feb, after all the grants were submitted. That's a fair enough answer since without the grants, he has no department... But now, it is printed, and bound. All three copies, one for each reviewer, one in the US, and two here in 'Oz (Melbourne actually). I was thinking that I should buy myself a game for the Wii.... It is afterall one of the biggest endeavors (academically and professionally) that I am likely ever to complete. And it's ready to submit.

So off I go to the post-graduate girl person to give it to her.... And in a few months, I will likely have to make a few little (fingers crossed) revisions, and then I am Dr. Amon.

How cool is that.

3 comments:

mikki said...

Good gosh a'mighty - look how thick that thing is!! My eyes are boggling :o) Congratulations on reaching this momentous day, you must feel a great sense of accomplishment. I think it's safe to say that we're all pretty proud of you :o) But, will we really have to call you Doctor? ~tee hee~

kicking-and-singing said...

very proud of you Mike, seems like it took forever to write that doesn't it.
But in the end your work has paid off.
Take car, love you lots,
Tam

NanNan said...

Very impressive looking !!
Congratulations --- and much love from your proud mama!!!