Monday, December 04, 2006

Introductions...pt 1

Well first of all, I would like to officially welcome Madison Leigh Amon into the world. Yes, she was born this afternoon, 1:30pm on Monday, December 4, 2006. She weighed 6lb14" (3.1 kg), and was 50-51 cm long. Her head was/is smaller than Alex's, so Bec was happy about that.. But not happy that she could not take ANY pain relief.

The story, because it should be documented.... Contractions began at about 2am. This woke her up, but she went back to sleep and then dreamed about an upset tummy! 5am she woke though to contractions about 3min apart.. but weak ones. We called her sister to come and get Alex.. ANd at 8:30am we were at Campbelltown hospital. The contractions slowed down very much... and the mid-wife was saying that she will just check to see if Bec was dilated and then we could go home and wait until she really entered labour.... Then she found that Bec was 3cm dilated.... to which she says "that changes things." Long story shortened, they broke Bec's water, we walked around a bit, then she started having some stronger contractions. And stronger... And stronger at about 5 min apart (or more). The mid-wife checked on Bec, gave her some NO2 (gas) and then left the room to come back later. a minute or two later she had to come back because they could hear Bec in the halls...

30-40 min later (or so), with many scratches on my arm, sorry Bec, had to say it! we have a beautiful little girl. Bec and the baby are both well. Bec's sore, and I don't think that you could pay her enough to have another one! But she's fine, in good spirits, and looking forward to coming home.

Alex is happy and excited that the baby isn't in mommy's tummy anymore, and that he is a big brother, and has a sister. So ya, I have a little girl, which brought tears to my eyes.

Bec did great, the baby did great, and the camera is still at the hospital. I will post pictures tomorrow in Introductions... pt2. Sorry about that, I am not happy either (about the lack of pics here).

Doesn't get much better does it?

7 comments:

Funnyface said...

Congradulations, Mike,Bec,And Alex!!!A wonderful new life, there is nothing more precious.
You guys take care of each other, and I'll be waiting to see the new pics.

Love you lots Aunt Cheryl

NanNan said...

Brings tears to my eyes too!! Little girls are wonderful- congratulations, and I can't wait to see the first pics of Madison Leigh Amon!! Give Rebecca and Alex a hug from us-- wish we could be there--- x0x0x0 next to being a new parent,, being a grandparent is the next most special thing in the world--- I love her already!

kicking-and-singing said...

Congratulations to you and Bec and Alex on the arrival of Madison Leigh Amon...
I can't wait to see pictures of the newwest arrival to our overflowing family*S*.
My Love to you All,
Tammie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, Madison! I am glad you had a safe arrival. Much love to you all :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A baby girl..that's wonderful. Michelle has a baby girl too. I love baby girls (and baby boys too). But baby girls have a special bond with their father! Oh Michael..now you are a man!!!!! Hehehehe. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see the pictures. Your Aunt Marsha

Gillian said...

How exciting! When I checked your mom's blog where she said, "Go check out Mike's blog", I thought it would be an interesting shot of summer-like weather to contrast her winter wonderland shot, but THIS was a freaking nice surprise!!! I am very happy for you and your expanding family!!!

G.

Anonymous said...

Well that's great news! An early Christmas present indeed. Looking forward to seeing pictures!