Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A quick not to draw your attention...

Hey there, I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to draw your attention to something that I just noticed...

So I'm listening to some Led Zeppelin, and Ramble On came on... So I'm sitting there working away, and then I hear talk of Mordor and Gollum!!! For those of you yet to play, they are references to Lord Of The Rings!!!! Evil place, and questionably bad guy (questionably because is he really bad? or simply held captive by the ring and therefore sufferor of Stockholm Syndrome? I think I'm right. Don't argue.)

Anywho, so the lyrics are:

Mines a tale that cant be told,
My freedom I hold dear;
How years ago in days of old
When magic filled the air,
Twas in the darkest depths of mordor
I met a girl so fair,
But gollum, and the evil one crept up
And slipped away with her.
Her, her....yea.
Aint nothing I can do, no.

as lifted from:
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/l/led+zeppelin/ramble+on_20082096.html

The only thing that worries me, is that within the darkest depths of Mordor, are orcs and creatures of evil purpose... So maybe it was for the best that Gollum and the evil one who must not be named slipped away with her. She was likely evil as evil gets and sent off on some evil as evil gets errand of inescapable fear coupled with imminent doom and unspeakable horrors.

Like I said earlier: Don't argue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!!

Poor you....hope that Steve is long gone and you're healing well. OUCH...wonder what causes that to happen????

I keep checking your blog...nice to see some new info from you!!

Connie