Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The letter.


So.... I checked the mailbox yesterday (Tuesday) and I saw this unceremoniously shoved into my mailbox.

A letter from the Postgraduate Unit at Sydney University. So I took it... Went back in the house... Sat on the couch... and opened it.

"Dear Michael

I am pleased to advise you have been recommended by the Board of Postgraduate Studies in Dentistry, Medicine & Pharmacy for the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Medicine), subject to specified emendations being made to your thesis as required by one or more of the examiners..."

The letter goes on, but that was the meaty bit..

So what does this mean? I looked at the reviewer's reports. The first one said it was fine, no need for any changes. The second reviewer pointed out 6 typing mistakes. And the third reviewer wanted me to add a few references to a section or two. That's pretty much it.

There was lots of praise so I am pretty happy with that. They liked the pics and artwork and the style etc.... All I have to do now, which I did 99% of it last night, was to make the changes, send a summary letter of the changes to a guy down the hall from my office, then he sends an e-mail off and that's it. I'm Dr. Amon. So long Mr. Amon!!! I then will have to print out new copies of my thesis and bind it properly etc, but after I'm Dr. Amon.

I just thought that I would let you all know, especially all those poor souls who read my blog throughout the last half of last year where I did alot of complaining etc. Here's the result. My thesis passed!!!!!


YAY FOR ME!!!!!

4 comments:

Traveling Man said...

Congratulations Mike. We're proud of you

NanNan said...

Ditto for me too, Mike!! Ecstatic and bursting proud-- the culmination of YEARS of hard work,,errr, should I call you Doctor?? much love son

Unknown said...

Mike, what can I say but.......BOOYAH!! LOL. Good for you bro I am Super proud of you. Must be a big weight taken off your shoulders. So now that your a Dr. are you going to try for governor of California?

marsmom said...

CONGRATULATIONS.......AWESOME!!!!!